Arranging a funeral can seem a daunting task. At Smiths Funeral Directors we will guide you through the funeral arrangements at your own speed. Using our experience we can tailor the funeral to your need. We will advise you of the options and the choices are yours.
The questions below will provoke conversation and allow you to reflect on some of the areas prior to making the funeral arrangements. These questions are some of the fundamental elements in arranging a funeral:
The following are some of the questions we will ask you when arranging the funeral:
- Is the service to be a burial or cremation?
- If the service is to be a burial, where would the preferred location be, a Churchyard, cemetery or natural surrounding?
- If you have chosen a cremation, at the committal you have the choice of the curtains to close around the coffin or for the coffin to stay on view until you have left the chapel?
- If cremation, what intentions do you have regarding the cremated remains? There are a number of options and we are happy to discuss these with you.
- Where would you like the service to be held?
- Is the service to be religious, civil or humanist?
- Your choice of music and/or hymns?
- Would you like an order of service printed?
- Where would you like the funeral cortege to leave from, the deceased’s home, a family’s address, from our Chapels of Rest, or meet at the place of service or committal?
- Do you require any limousine(s)? In each limousine there is room for six passengers.
- The limousine(s) can be used to follow the hearse from a private address, collect your family from a private address and meet the hearse at our Chapel of Rest, on route or at the service.
- Flowers and or donations?
- Do you require a death notice to be placed in either a local or national newspaper? We will place a complimentary notice onto our website for you.
- Type of coffin? To see coffin choices Click Here.
- Would you like your loved one to wear their own clothing or for us to provide a robe set ?
- If your loved one is wearing jewellery, is it to remain on or to be removed for return?